Early Childhood Educator (Maple Ridge)
Meadow Montessori School, a Maple Ridge Independent School and Early Learning Centre is seeking a fully qualified and experienced early childhood educator with a passion for teaching young learners.
The applicant must be able to work in a team environment guiding preschool students (ages 3-6) in an emotionally nurturing and intellectually challenging Montessori learning environment.
Working knowledge of the BC Early Years Framework is essential. AMI or MACTE Montessori (3-6) training is preferred. The position requires the ability to program plan with peers to provide an inclusive program that focuses on whole child development as well as offer positive child guidance techniques and supervision.
We offer a comprehensive extended health & benefits package, competitive remuneration, the opportunity to work with committed colleagues and innovative curriculum, and an inviting, warm, flexible, supportive, and family-like community to work in.
Meadow Montessori School is a Living Wage for Families employer. https://www.livingwageforfamilies.ca/
Successful candidates will provide evidence of:
- A clear understanding of the developmental progression of early learners;
- Knowledge of the environmental factors needed to create nurturing, stimulating learning experiences that support the whole child;
- The ability to and experience with team teaching and collaborative planning.
A life-long love of learning, flexibility and a sense of humour is essential. We are looking for a team player who is looking to work in a unique small school environment and embraces both the benefits and challenges that come with being involved in a small and much loved independent school.
If you want to be a leader in your own right, while inspiring the leaders of tomorrow, we look forward to hearing from you.
Applications should be submitted via email to: email@example.com and must include:
1. Current Curriculum Vitae (resume),
2. Cover letter that describes the applicant’s educational philosophy,
3. Contact information for three references,
4. A copy of the applicant’s ECE certification and current First Aid certificate.