Montessori Training Centre of BC
A Place of Education for adults on the nature of childhood
AMI Elementary Montessori Teacher Training
“The secret of good teaching is to regard the child’s intelligence as a fertile field in which seeds may be sown, to grow under the heat of flaming imagination. Our aim, therefore, is not merely to make the child understand, and still less to enforce him to memorize, but so to tough his imagination, as to enthuse him to his inmost core.”
(To Educate the Human Potential, pg.11)
AMI Elementary Director of Training
AMI Primary (3 to 6) Diploma or AMI Foundation Course required for preparation, which is a 5-week full-time preparatory course run prior to the start of the Elementary 6 to 12 Program.
Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
English Proficiency for ESL Students:
IELTS Academic minimum 6.5, with no band under 6.0; TOEFL iBT 80 with no section under 19; TOEFL computer 220; or an equivalent test score, as determined by the Montessori Training Centre of BC. If one has studied successfully in a post-secondary institution where English is the language of instruction, this will be considered equivalent to a test score (no further tests required).
Requirements for Elementary Certification
The Montessori Elementary Diploma is granted upon satisfactory completion of the course requirements in:
- attendance at lectures and supervised practice
- observation and practicum requirements
- material making assignments
- written assignments
- reference albums and resource manuals
- passing grades on written examinations
- passing grades in oral examinations conducted by Examiners of the AMI
Elementary Campus, a satellite campus of the MTCBC
North Star Elementary
1325 East Keith Road, Lynnmouth Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7J 1J3
* This program has been approved by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.