Montessori Training Centre of BC
A Place of Education for adults on the nature of childhood
Bridging Program AMI Montessori/ECE
Montessori Early Childhood Educator
The program provides an opportunity for AMI Montessori Primary Diploma holders who move to British Columbia and have received their Diploma from an AMI Institute outside British Columbia, to qualify for the Early Childhood Educator Certificate issued by the British Columbia Early Childhood Educator Registry.
Brief Program Description
The program introduces the Child Care System in British Columbia to the student.
Applicant must be an Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) Primary Diploma holder.
Applicant must be 19 years of age.
Hours of Instruction
160 hours minimum, including the 120 hour Practicum. Flexible scheduling
- To become knowledgeable of the Child Care System in British Columbia
- To become aware of resources and advocacy groups that serve children and families
- To become aware of professional development opportunities.
- Full attendance of ECE Lectures (see below for current dates and topics)
- Completion of Resource Manual
- Completion of Practicum assignments and hours.
- Lectures to introduce the Child Care System of British Columbia
- Compilation of a Resource Manual on the Child Care System
- Practicum Work Experience of 120 hours in a non-Montessori Group Child Care for children 3 to 5 years of age.
Email the Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
* This program does not require approval by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, PTIB did not review this program.