MARIA MONTESSORI SCHOOL, TORONTO ONTARIO
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR ELEMENTARY TEAM!
Maria Montessori School, an AMI Recognized school, is located in the beautiful Leaside neighborhood of midtown Toronto, Ontario. We have been providing high-fidelity Montessori education to children age 18 months to 12 years for over 40 years. At MMS we foster a close-knit, family-friendly community for our students, parents and staff.
Maria Montessori School is looking for a Montessori Elementary Guide starting Fall of 2021 who has the knowledge and skills necessary to implement AMI Montessori principles. The person we are looking for will not only have a deep, abiding interest in Montessori and child development, but also have strong interpersonal skills, a love of learning, and be a team player who enjoys collaborating with colleagues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Implementing and delivering high-fidelity Montessori education
- Establishing a child-centered classroom that encourages children to be independent and to respect themselves and others
- Fostering a feeling of joy and discovery
- Ensuring a safe and caring environment for students and their parents
- Reporting and record keeping that ensures that the Principal and parents are kept abreast of the challenges, successes and competencies of each child
- Having effective communication skills, and actively and positively interacting with parents in both formal and informal settings
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- AMI Elementary training
- Experience in an Elementary classroom is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR or willingness to obtain
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Search within past 6 months
WHAT MMS CAN OFFER YOU:
- Bright, beautiful classrooms, each with a full set of Montessori material in which to work alongside a great assistant
- An amazing midtown location close to beautiful green spaces, public transit and other amenities for you and your students
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including significant tuition discounts for staff children
- A collaborative, supportive, inclusive work environment
- Coffee and tea!
- And so much more…
MMS is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment in which everyone’s human rights are respected. It does not discriminate or permit any discrimination on grounds of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
If you think this position is right for you, please email a cover letter and CV to Matt Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Elementary Guide” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please describe a time in which you saw joy in the eyes of a child. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.