Squamish Montessori School is seeking a Casa Primary Guide to join our motivated and collaborative education team. We have a supportive work environment in which guides have the autonomy to create their own classroom within the realm of AMI Montessori Pedagogy. We are committed to being true to these principles of Dr. Maria Montessori, with the core belief of a ‘whole child’ approach to education. You will have every tool you need to ensure your students reach their highest potential.
Squamish Montessori School has been providing a high-quality AMI Montessori education to families in Squamish for 12 years. We have an AMI Guide led toddler program that feeds our casa programs.
- Plan and implement Montessori curriculum for 30-month to kindergarten aged children.
- Maintain open communication with families and colleagues.
- Maintain up to date student records and demonstrate proficiency with report and report card writing.
- Observe and record relevant information on each child’s progress as required by school guidelines and the BC Ministry of Education.
- Participate in all school events including open houses, parent meetings, etc.
- Maintain classroom and all teaching materials in good condition, responsible for toy/material disinfection and other assigned classroom cleaning duties.
- Casa Montessori Diploma AMI
- BC ECE Certificate or Provincial equivalent
- BC Teaching Certificate (system-restricted) or ability to acquire certification.
- Competitive salary
- Extended health benefits
- 12 weeks paid vacation/year
- 50% tuition discount for offspring
Expected start date: August -15 – 2021
Send Resume to: email@example.com