Oakridge Montessori is a school dedicated to providing an inspiring and exciting learning environment; we are a small BC certified independent school, from preschool to grade 3. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic teacher to join our preschool program. Our school incorporates a hybrid of Montessori and ECE elements through differentiated teaching, learning methods and skills.
Oakridge Montessori’s core philosophy is based on Montessori Principles. These principles foster independence, confidence and respect, while guiding and nurturing each child’s individual development.
We are seeking enthusiastic educators to join our team full time, in September 2022.
The ideal candidate holds an AMI/MACTE certificate, as well as a valid ECE, a current First Aid Certificate and Criminal Record Check.
Applicants who hold an AMI Assistant certificate and an ECEA certificate will be considered.
A successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- A warm and friendly disposition
- A passion for working with children
- Exceptional classroom management and behaviour management skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively with staff and parents and create an inclusive learning environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Montessori pedagogy as well an enthusiasm in combining different teaching approaches
- Display flexibility, accountability and integrity
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Highly Organized with a good work ethic
Please send you resume and cover letter to Ms. Wetzel (Director of Education) at firstname.lastname@example.org