Located in Burnaby B.C., just off Canada Way and Norland Avenue, Burnaby Montessori School is a fully accredited learning institution licensed with both Fraser Health and the Independent Schools Branch. BMS is dedicated to providing a loving and caring learning environment, honoring the teaching philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
At BMS, we offer a Half-Day Morning and Afternoon Montessori Preschool Program as well as a Full-Day Montessori Preschool, Kindergarten and Grade 1 Program.
We are currently seeking a Montessori trained teacher for the Full-Day Preschool, Kindergarten and Grade 1 Program, working with children ages 4, 5 and 6 years of age. This classroom consists of 25 children and 3 teachers – 2 Montessori trained teachers and 1 Montessori trained and B.C. certified teacher.
Responsibility and Duties:
- Planning and implementing an age appropriate Montessori educational program for children ages 4, 5 and 6 years of age.
- Responsible for the Montessori prepared environment, including general classroom maintenance.
- Prepare lesson plans and student education goals that are consistent with Montessori curriculum.
- Present Montessori lessons using Montessori materials.
- Plan and carry out field trips, guest speakers, artists and other special classroom events that reflect the philosophy of the school and the children’s work and interests.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with students, parents and other staff.
- Maintain student records (academic, social/emotional and personal growth / progress)
- Maintain daily log of lessons and observations
- Montessori Training (AMI or AMS)
- Valid ECE certificate and license to practice
- Licensed with the Independent Schools Branch (B.C Certified) is an asset but not necessary
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Medical Clearance Letter
- 3 References
- Montessori experience
- Experience in a preschool program
- Ability to work in a team-orientated environment
- Enjoy working collaboratively with staff and parents
- Motivated, energetic, enthusiastic
Hours: 8:00am — 4:00pm
Salary: Based on experience and education
Please contact Nita Khangura or Colleen Newman
Office: (604) 298-1661 Mobile: (604) 961-9631
“Free the child’s potential and you will transform him into the world”
~ Maria Montessori ~