Located in a beautiful rural area of Delta B.C., accessible from Tsawwassen, Ladner, North Delta and South Surrey BBMS is a fully accredited Group I Independent School licensed with both Fraser Health and the Independent Schools Branch. BBMS is dedicated to providing a learning environment, honoring the teaching philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
At BBMS, we offer a Half-Day Morning Preschool Program, Full-Day Kindergarten (3-6), Primary Program (6-9) and Intermediate Program (9-12).
We are currently seeking a Montessori trained teacher for the Half-Day Preschool Program, working with children 2 ½-6 years of age. This classroom consists of 19 children and 2 Directress: 1 Montessori trained/ECE and 1 Montessori trained and B.C. Certified teacher. This is a co-teaching position.
Responsibility and Duties:
- Planning and implementing an age appropriate Montessori educational program for children ages 3-6 years of age
- Responsible for the Montessori prepared environment, including general classroom maintenance
- Present Montessori lessons using Montessori materials
- Plan and carry out field trips and special classroom events that reflect the philosophy of the school and the children’s work and interests
- Maintain a professional working relationship with students, parents and other staff
- Maintain student records (academic, social/emotional and personal growth / progress)
- Maintain daily log of lessons and observations
- Montessori Training (MACTE accredited)
- Valid ECE certificate and license to practice
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Medical Clearance Letter
- Criminal Record Check
- 3 References
- Montessori experience in a preschool program
- Ability to work in a team-orientated environment
- Enjoy working collaboratively with staff and parents
- Motivated, energetic, enthusiastic
Hours: 8:15am — 12:15pm
Salary: Based on experience and education Benefits: Flex extended benefit plan, professional development funding, financial assistance for training.
Please email your resume, cover letter, certifications and 3 references to email@example.com.
For more information about our school, please visit www.bbmschool.ca.