Start Date: March 2021 & September 2021
Burnaby Montessori School is a fully accredited learning institution licensed with both Fraser Health and the Independent Schools Branch.
We are currently seeking two Montessori Trained Teachers, one teacher for the Half-Day Preschool Program; working with children 2.5 – 4 years of age and one teacher for the Full-Day Preschool Kindergarten and Grade 1 Program; working with children ages 4, 5 and 6 years of age. The half-day preschool consists of 20 children and 2 teachers and the Full-Day classroom consists of 25 children and 3 teachers.
· Montessori Training & Experience (AMI or AMS) (MUST HAVE)
· Independent School Certified / BC Certified (NOT A MUST, BUT AN ASSET)
· Valid ECE Certificate and License to Practice
· Valid First Aid Certificate
· Medical Clearance Letter
· 3 References
· Ability to Work in a Team-Orientated Environment
· Enjoy Working Collaboratively with Staff and Parents
· Motivated, Energetic & Enthusiastic
MONTESSORI TEACHER DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
· Be responsible for your own Montessori classroom, which includes general classroom maintenance.
· Be responsible for the progress of children in all academic areas within the classroom.
· Be responsible at all times for planning, record keeping, special presentations and/or classroom organization/maintenance in a professional manner using routine meetings and regular communication with teaching partner(s).
· Plan and organize special events for the Winter Celebration, End of Year Concert, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Sports Day.
· Plan and execute field trips.
· Have a 15 to 20-minute circle time at the end of each class.
· Participate in professional development activities which may include workshops, curriculum development, retreats, meetings, assessments, and other professional pursuits
· Maintain accurate records of each student’s academic and social progress.
· In addition to lesson planning, maintain a daily log of presentations and classroom observations.
· Maintain a professional relationship with the children, staff, and parent community at all times.
· In collaboration with school administration and teaching partners, produce an informative monthly newsletter for parents.
Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday to Friday Salary: Varies depending on experience and education