Blue Spruce Montessori was established in 1997 and operated for over 21 years in the Richmond community. Debbie Marette, owner/administrator, graduated in 1994 with a primary A.M.I diploma and is dedicated to providing a Montessori program that closely adheres to the Montessori principles that Dr. Maria Montessori formulated. Blue Spruce Montessori is now reopening in Vancouver, in a brand-new custom-built facility and will have the capacity for 22 students.
We are searching for a Montessori educator, that has a genuine passion and interest in the developing child and a strong desire to connect with families and the larger community, to join our school. A guide that genuinely strives to develop each individual child’s whole self, and instil a lifelong love of learning through observation, creativity, and nurturing.
This is a great opportunity for a new graduate to work with an experienced Guide in a beautiful, prepared environment, that has the full set of primary Montessori materials. It is also a wonderful opportunity for a new graduate to see a new center unfold.
Job Title: A.M.I. Montessori Guide
Name of Facility: Blue Spruce Montessori
Qualifications: A.M.I. Primary Diploma/E.C.E. certificate (500 hrs pending acceptable)
Children First Aid and CPR Certificate / Criminal Record Review / Immunization History / 3 Reference letters related to the field / Proof of both mental and physical fitness to work with children
- Experience working with children ages 2.5 – 6 years, an asset but not necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to connect well with the young child.
- Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills both orally and written.
- An ability to guide groups of children of varying ages, needs and abilities.
- Ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
- Patience and excellent observational, and diagnostic skills.
- Establishing rapport and building relationships with students and families based on trust.
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of the prepared environment, creating a safe, clean, stimulating environment where all children feel safe and valued.
- Demonstrate appropriate child guidance techniques that are respectful to the child and help develop self-esteem, independence, good choice making and trust.
- To be a positive role model, instilling good values like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
- Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children in the prepared environment.
- Participating in school activities, trips, and events.
Employment Terms: Full-Time / Permanent
Position Start Date: July/ August 2021
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Salary & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience Paid vacation / Individual health benefits / Daily hot lunch / Wage Enhancement / Professional development.
Please email resume and cover letter to Debbie G. Marette at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Blue Spruce, please visit: www.bluesprucemontessori.com