Montessori Teacher Training and Early Childhood Educator 3-6
Preferably, applicants should hold a Bachelor's Degree in any field, a Community College Diploma, or have Mature Student status. Experience with children is an asset. Please refer to the Application Procedure and Checklist document for Program Admission Requirements.
Requirements for Certification
The AMI Primary Diploma is granted upon satisfactory completion of the course requirements including:
- attendance at lectures, supervised practice sessions, observations and teaching practice;
- submission of material making assignments and albums;
- passing marks on written theory and practical examinations, classroom materials and albums, teaching practice and oral examinations conducted by Examiners of the AMI.
An extensive reading list of primary sources will be given to the students at the beginning of the course. Applicants may wish to read:
- "Maria Montessori-Her Life and Work" by E.M Standing
- "Education for Human Development - Understanding Maria Montessori" by Mario Montessori Jr.
*In British Columbia, most Primary classes are Preschool/Kindergarten classes.
Contact us for a complete information and application package! You can contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 604-261-0864.